Sunday, October 25, 2015

Silver Polishing Made Easy!

I had been storing my silver in drawers of a cabinet my husband made a few years ago. I cut velvet pieces to line the drawers and put some papers in to keep the silver from tarnishing. Well, the silver tarnished like crazy!

I got on Pinterest and found this great way to clean silver fast from Everton Terrace.

Start with a plastic container and line it with foil, shiny side up. Add several scoops of baking soda (I buy the big bag at Costco). Add boiling water. Add tarnished silver.

Use tongs to remove the silver after a couple of minutes.
I kept boiling water and adding it to the container so that I could get all of the silverware done in one shot.





Rinse well.


Dry well.

Put all of the shiny pieces away in the special boxes that silver comes in and you'll be set for the holidays!!
Thanks for your visit!
Pam
I am linking to the following parties:



Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home



No comments:

Post a Comment